Saturday, January 24, 2009

Welcome to the Blog Above the Convenience Store

So this is my first blog posting. Welcome to those few who stumble upon it.

If anybody is interested, I used to be the co-editor (with Craig Miller) of the David Lynch/Twin Peaks magazine, Wrapped in Plastic. That magazine ended a few years ago (with issue 75) and I've been just floating around ever since. Back in the days of WIP I had a regular forum to express my views and to write critical pieces on TV, film, books and comics. (Yes, most of my writing had to do with Twin Peaks and David Lynch but I managed to fit in observations about all sorts of other things.) Since WIP ended I lost my regular writing outlet. I hope this blog will be a satisfactory substitute.

Clearly, a blog is far less structured than a magazine. That's good. I want to write about what's on my mind. What I like and don't like. Any maybe post a few pieces of my early work (from WIP) for those of who you are interested. Here, I wont be restricted to talking only about Twin Peaks. After writing about it for 13 years I really don't have much left to say. (Well, maybe a few things!). So expect short reviews (comments, really) of books, TV, films and comics. I hope to be here on a regular basis.

Thanks for listening.

Oh, and the title of this blog is a Twin Peaks reference. If you're a TP fan, I'm sure you get it.

1 comment:

  1. This is very exciting! Looking forward to some great stuff!

    ReplyDelete