Friday, January 30, 2009

Allow Me One More Childish Thing

I was just at my local comic shop where I took nice long look at the three new Watchmen tie-in books. (You can order them from Amazon but apparently their official release date isn't for another 12 days.)

I love these books. Especially Watchmen: The Art of the Film. They reminded me of so many great movie tie-in books of the past. You know--the ones with lots of photos of sets, costumes and props.

I've gotta get one of these books.

Of course, I didn't walk out empty handed. I could not pass up buying a Rorsach action figure. He looks too cool. He now takes a proud spot next to my Simpsons Lard Lad, my Doctor Who Tardis, my Lost in Space Robot, and my Buzz Lightyear. He's right at home!

2 comments:

  1. Yes I tell ya, I was watching a DVD tonight (RocknRolla, which was fine enough) and there was a preview for WATCHMEN and even though I can't hold any hopes for it... I was like a giddy little girl when I realized what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason,

    I keep trying not to get my hopes up but everything I see (books, posters, clips, trailers, even interviews with the director) make me very excited.

    I guess we'll all know on March 6.

    ReplyDelete